Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 5

It's raining and my bike won't start.

Have a call in to a VERS list VROCer
Have a call in to the local Kawasaki dealer.

When it stops actively raining, I'll check the battery. I don't think that's the problem, but it's a place to start.
I already pulled apart the switch housing, but I can't see any problems there.

Good news is I'm in a hotel room and not on the side of the road.


Lessons learned - try to start the bike one more time before letting the tow guy load it.

After callings four different tow companies I found one that could tow a bike. He was extremely careful and considerate, didn't even comment when the tears started rolling down my face. That's when I knew this bike was truly mine.

Get it offloaded at the shop, tech rolls it in, pushes the starter button and she fires! WTF?
Guy looks at me and says, "The kill switch was on."
.
.
.
I may be an idiot at times, but I KNOW I checked that a dozen times. I think, somehow, taking apart the housing and putting it back on did something. But I should have tryed it one more time before the tow guy loaded.

So no sightseeing today, just got on 101 and ran.

Thanks for the emails and calls, nice to know you care.

Miles for the day = 286                                   Total = 1092

No comments:

Post a Comment